Saturday, February 17, 2018

Valentine's Day Follow Up

I promised a follow up to our Valentine's Day plans, so here it is! We actually celebrated on the Sunday before because we headed to California for the week to attend a farm show with Brandon. 

We started the morning with our heart blueberry muffins.  They were a hit! Brecken kept asking for more. 


Gifts were exchanged in the afternoon.  I made the kids a plate with Mickey and Minnie as well as their names.  I think as they get older they will use them more.  Our kids have SO many toys and I wanted something a little more meaningful.  Brecken also got some candy.  I made a plate and mug for Brandon. He has a serious sweet tooth, so this is for his cookies and milk.  He really likes Marvel and the Avengers movies, so I used those graphics on his plate.  Simple.  Probably a little corny too.  Brandon is super thoughtful, so he "carved our names in a tree".  On the back he carved the kids names.  I love it and it is now a permanent decoration on my shelves in the kitchen. 

















Heart Pizza dinner.  Our pizza doesn't look quite heart shaped in photos, but I promise it was.  I had fun finding some simple decor (Dollar Tree) to fancy up our table a little.  We went around and shared things we love about the other members of our family.  When it was Brecken's turn, he wanted to share how much he loved trucks, tractors, cars, and pizza.







I hope these traditions will continue as the kids get older.  I loved our simple and quiet day together.  We got ice cream on Valentine's Day in California from a little local place to celebrate on the actual day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment