Thursday, June 2, 2016

Packing for our family vacation . . . I mean trip!

A while back I read a hilarious blog about how when you take your kids with you it is no longer a vacation, it is a trip.  While packing the insane amount of things for our family trip to Myrtle Beach this week I started to see what she meant.

I get anxious and nervous about flying in general because of security, luggage and trying to check in immediately on South West so you can get on the plane and actually sit with your husband (seriously, one time we had to separate for four hours, it was the worst flight ever).  Add an eight month old who has never flown and who also decided that this week was the week to go ahead and cut three more teeth AT THE SAME TIME! We are in for quite the adventure on Saturday morning.

I remember the days of packing my little bag of swim suits, several outfit options, technology, and a neck pillow to sleep on the plane with.  HA!  Seriously y'all, I don't even have swim suit tops this year in my suitcase.  Thank you to my little sister who will let me borrow because I didn't have time to go and find any that actually fit my nursing mom body, if you know what I mean! Every inch of space that I can cram with books, toys, and anything else that will keep my child entertained is being used.  Sleep on the plane. . . as long as Brecken sleeps I could care less what I do.

I'm sure that sounded insane and completely overwhelmed.  I really am fine.  Thankfully I have a wonderful husband who can help me tag team if need be.  Brecken isn't a terrible teether, and I just hope he loves the fly on airplanes as much as I did as a baby and child.  Once we get to the beach I will be able to relax...maybe?...hopefully?

I will keep you posted on this vacation trip!  Hooray for summer!



Isn't he the cutest little helper? 

No comments:

Post a Comment