Monday, January 1, 2018

Mommy Style Monday: Resolutions

My friend and former co-worker Madeline and her friend Kiana started Mommy Style Monday and I decided to hop on board.  This month the topic is focused on talents, more specifically, talents I want to work on during 2018.  I really had to think about this because I wanted to be intentional and genuine in my efforts.  I have two kids (2 year old and 4 month old) that don't necessarily give me much time to myself.  So, I have chosen two talents I would like to learn/develop/improve on this year.

1.  Creativity.  I taught Elementary School for 4 years and I seriously always struggled with the creative side of teaching.  I have never been crafty or artistic.  Last Christmas, I received a Cricut Air 2.  There are so many things you can do/make with paper, vinyl, fabrics, and even leather.  The only thing I am really comfortable doing on it is making cards.  So, I am going to try to add to my repertoire by creating projects for my house throughout the year.  I'm starting with vinyl and wood and will expand as I get more comfortable.  I have already ordered some vinyl and picked a few projects for winter and Valentine's Day.  My goal is to be able to do one project a month.  I'm sure some will work out and others will be total fails.  That's how we grow, right?!

2.  Photography.  I have an awesome camera that I got for my birthday about two years ago.  I have only used it a handful of times because I don't really feel comfortable with it.  Once I read up on it and watch some tutorials, I want to use my camera more frequently.  My plan is to take some pictures of my family throughout the year. 

As you can see, I haven't jumped into the deep end by any means. I feel like I sometimes set high expectations of myself, already knowing that I won't have the time or means to get them done with my crazy life.  This year I am keeping it simple and hoping to utilize what I already have here at home.  

If you have any fun projects, tips, or ideas on how I can better improve in these two areas, I would love to hear them! 


If you’re interested in joining in on Mommy Style Monday sign up on Kiana or Madeline’s blogs or click  HERE!

Check out these fabulous blogs:

Kiana at Glitter&Donuts
Madeline at CaseyLand
Monica at It's All About

2 comments:

  1. These are great goals! I always struggled with the creative side of teaching too. It seemed like a lot more work ;) And I got a fairly nice camera a couple years ago, and I started taking a course on Udemy.com for photography! It was great, I need to start doing it again, because of course, life happened, but it was very informative, and it was only $15!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to look into that! Thanks for letting me know. :)

      Delete